Expand your knowledge and skills in programming and computational thinking. You will develop your problem solving skills and gain an understanding of design systems, human and machine intelligence, wireless networks, boolean algebra and data management.
You will study:
- Programming techniques
- Connections for hardware components
- Functions and system software
- Wireless networks and online protocols and standards
- Capturing, selecting, exchanging and managing data to produce information
- Data types and structures
- Boolean Algebra
- Number representation and number bases
This course is approximately 35% exam and 65% coursework.
You will learn to think creatively, logically and critically through tutor-led discussions, intereactive activities and multimedia clips with the opportunity to explore your interests and creativity with your investigative course work project.
Example job roles:
- Software developer
- System analyst
- Games developer
- HND in Computer and Systems Development at New College Stamford
- Computing degrees at University.
This is a linear subject which means they are examined entirely at the end of year two, although in some cases you will be entered for the AS exam at the end of year one. You may want to consider choosing a mixture of linear and non-linear (modular) subjects.
The APS (Average Point Score) of 40 = an average of grade C in all GCSE’s taken. BTEC equivalents are not acceptable.
APS 40* and 5 GCSEs at grades 5/C or above including English, and a grade 6/B or above in maths.
Level : Level 3
Starts : 05 September, 2017
Duration : 2 Years Full Time
Course Code : ALICTAP
: 01780 484 311