This course, as part of New College Stamford’s Air and Defence Career College is an amazing opportunity to pursue a career with the RAFand progress towardsjob roles such as a Cyberspace Communications Specialist or an Avionics Technician.
You will gain an insight into the aerospace industry through RAF station visits and residential, outdoor and adventurous activities such as canoeing and high hopes. You will also build fundamental knowledge of computer science including:
- Managing networks
- Computational thinking
- Maintaining hardware and software
The programme includes employability skills (attitudinal goals) and Functional Skills or GCSEs in English and maths (dependent upon existing qualifications) alongside practical workshops at New College Stamford.
A blend of practical and theory activities with a range of assessment methods including 3 hours per week of personal training to develop your physical fitness.
Graduates of The Air and Defence Career College are guaranteed a place on RAF basic recruit training (subject to RAF entry criteria) and will be well equipped to pass first time.
This course is 60% College and 40% industry structured.
The curriculum for the Air and Defence Career College is packed with enrichment activities ranging from expert guest speakers from our industry partners, to existing visits to RAF bases and industry workplaces, along with residential visits and adventure training.
- You will undertake 30-hours of work-related activity linked closely to the Defence industry
- You will participate in the National Citizenship Scheme (NCS) and/or The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
- You will participate in 3 days of activity around Science, Technology, English and Maths (STEM) led by The Royal Society of Engineers
- You will participate in general and trade RAF station visits
- You will participate in a week-long residential visit developed by the RAF
- You will participate in outdoor and adventurous activities, including high/low ropes activities; climbing and canoeing
On successful completion of this course, you can progress to the Air and Defence (Computing) Extended CertificateLevel 3 to pursue a career with the RAF.
There are no exams for this course. You will be assessed through written assignments, presentations and practical tasks. You will be assessed against the BRTC Attitude Goal Requirements at Grade A throughout your study.
4 GCSEs at grades 4/C or above, including English and/or maths.
Level : Level 2
Starts : 09 September, 2019
Duration : 1 Year
Course Code : AD2CSAP
: 01780 484 311