This course, as part of New College Stamford’s Air and Defence Career College is an amazing opportunity to pursue a career with the RAF within the Hospitality and Cateringpathway in job roles such as a Logistics Chef or Hospitality Specialist. You will work alongside and be trained by Chefs from the area’s most renowned establishments and develop practical preparation and cooking skills in our industry standard kitchens. You will undertake RAF station visits and have the opportunity to take part in aweek-longresidential to prepare you for a career in the aerospace industry.
The programme included employability skills (attitudinal goals) and Functional Skills or GCSEs in English and maths (dependent upon existing qualifications) alongside practical workshops at New College Stamford.
A blend of practical and theory activities with a range of assessment methods including 3 hours per week of personal training to develop your physical fitness.
Graduates of The Air and Defence Career College are guaranteed a place on RAF basic recruit training (subject to RAF entry criteria and will be well equipped to pass first time.
This course is 60% College and 40% industry structured.
The curriculum for the Air and Defence Career College is packed with enrichment activities ranging from expert guest speakers from our industry partners, to existing visits to RAF bases and industry workplaces, along with residential visits and adventure training.
- You will undertake 30-hours of work-related activity linked closely to the Defence industry
- You will participate in the National Citizenship Scheme (NCS) and/or The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
- You will participate in 3 days of activity around Science, Technology, English and Maths (STEM) led by The Royal Society of Engineers
- You will participate in general and trade RAF station visits
- You will participate in a week-long residential visit developed by the RAF
- You will participate in outdoor and adventurous activities, including high/low ropes activities; climbing and canoeing
On successful completion of this course, you can progress to join the RAF. If you decide to not enter the RAF, you can still progress to employment, an apprenticeship, or further study.
There are no exams for this course. You will be assessed through written assignments, presentations and practical tasks. You will be assessed against the BRTC Attitude Goal Requirements at Grade A throughout your study.
4 GCSEs at Grade 3/D or above including a grade 4/C in English and/or maths and preferably a Level 1 Catering qualification.
Level : Level 2
Starts : 09 September, 2019
Duration : 1 Year Full Time
Course Code : AD2HOAP
: 01780 484 311