This course provides you with a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required in the business sector and is recognised nationally by employers. Our aim is to provide you with knowledge, understanding and skills in a range of administrative and management positions in business to allow you to successfully progress in the future.
- HNC Full time: 1 year
- HNC Part time: 2 years
- HND Full time: 2 years
- HND Part time 4 years
Contact Time (per week)
- Full time: 2 days
- Part time: 1 day
• 96 UCAS points typically from A Levels or a Level 3 Diploma in Business, although students from other subject specialisms are encouraged to apply
• Mature students who may not have formal qualifications are encouraged to apply for an interview where you will be considered on your experience, enthusiasm and commitment
- Business and the Business Environment(Core)
- Marketing Essentials(Core)
- Human Resource Management(Core)
- Management and Operations(Core)
- Management Accounting(Core)
- Managing a Successful Business Project(Core)
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management(Optional)
- Financial Accounting with AAT Level 2 Bookkeeping(Optional)
- Research Project(Core)
- Organisational Behaviour(Core)
- Operations and Project Management (Specialist)
- Planning for Growth(Optional)
- Business Strategy(Optional)
- International Marketing(Optional)
- Pitching and Negotiating Skills(Optional)
You will learn through a combination of independent and group activities including lectures, seminars, trips, visits and work-related experiences.
A range of assessment methods will be used including reports, presentations, essays, examinations and research projects. Team work in assessments is also encouraged.
The HND is a specialist vocational programme with a strong work-related emphasis. You could gain employment in the following disciplines: finance and accounts, HR management, marketing and digital marketing, sales and promotion, operations management, logistics and event management.
Successful completion of this course will provide you with the qualifications required to ‘top-up’ to a full Bachelor’s Degree at university in just one year. Acceptance on to these courses is at the discretion of the institution offering the top-up.
You will be taught in a dedicated classroom and have access to various study facilities including a recently refurbished Library where you’ll have access to books, journals, computers and e-resources. Free WiFi is available to all students.
You will also have access to an Academic Support Tutor to assist you with your studies and careers advisors to help you with your future employment.
You will have the opportunity to take part in a range of trips including using local businesses as case studies for assignments and Business Expos to network with professionals. We also invite guest speakers to work with you to enhance your learning experience. Please note that trips may differ year-on-year.
You will visit external providers and meet with potential employers at expositions and will be actively encouraged to be employed during their course provision. There is an extensive tutorial pathway to improve employability and career options.
University Level Menu
Level : Level 4/5
Awarding Body: Pearson Edexcel
Starts : 09 September, 2019
Duration : 2 Years
NCS UCAS Code: N33
Course Code: HCBUSAP
UCAS Code: ON12
Fees : £6500 per year (part-time £3250). Some travel costs will be required for external visits. This will typically be around £100.
: 01780 484 311