This course provides you with a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required in the business sector and is recognised nationally by employers. Our aim is to provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills in a range of administrative and management positions in business to allow you to successfully progress in the future.
- 86% of graduates are in employment or further training after 6 months.
- Budget supermarket chain Aldi is a go-to for its grad scheme, which pays £42,000 in the first year.
- 4 million jobs are expected to be required due to retirement in the next 8 years – gov.uk
80 UCAS points
Mature students who may not have formal qualifications are encouraged to apply for an interview where you will be considered on your experience, enthusiasm and commitment.
You will study the following units:
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Essentials
- Human Resource Management
- Management and Operations
- Management Accounting
- Managing a Successful Business Project
- Business Law
- Innovation and Commercialisation
You will learn through a combination of independent and group activities including lecturers, seminars, trips, visits and work-related experiences.
A range of assessment methods will be used including reports, presentations, essays, examinations and research projects. Teamworks in assesment is also encouraged at this level of learning.
The HNC/HND is a specialist vocational programme with a strong work-related emphasis. You could gain employment in the Business industry in areas such as retail management, human resources, marketing or accountancy. Successful completion of this course will provide you with the qualifications required to ‘top-up’ to a full BA (Hons) degree at university in just one year.
University Level Menu
Level : Level 4/5
Awarding Body: Pearson Edexcel
Starts : 15 August, 2018
Duration : 2 Years
NCS UCAS Code: N33
Course Code: HDBUSAP
UCAS Code: ON12
Fees : £6500 per year
: 01780 484 311