Refine your practical skills and gain knowledge of more specialised bricklaying techniques, including constructing chimneys, fireplaces, complex masonry structures and decorative features. You will also develop your employability, English and maths skills alongside further knowledge of the craft to support your progression into the industry.
This course is approximately 30% theory and 70% practical.
You will study a range of units including:
- Unit 1: Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries (this may already be achieved in prior studies in Levels 1 or 2)
- Unit 2: Analysing technical information, quantities and communication with others
- Unit 3: Analysing the construction industry and built environment
- Unit 4: Repair and maintain masonry structures
- Unit 5: Construct chimneys and fireplace structures
- Unit 6: Construct complex masonry structures
- Unit 7: Construct decorative features
You will complete workbooks and self-directed assignments to develop your theory knowledge. You will also take part in a Construction work placement which will give you on-site experience alongside opportunities to complete relevant community projects with New College Stamford.
You may also have the opportunity to take on a supervisory role within the college environment as part of your Level 3 course.
On successful completion of this course, you can progress to the HNC in Construction and the Built Environment at University Centre Stamford or other Construction and Engineering degrees at university. You could also progress to job roles such as a Bricklaying or Construction Management Apprentice.
Each unit has a multiple choice end test, as well a practical synoptic test/s in the workshop. You will receive regular feedback on your performance and help and advice via action plans and extra training to enable you to be successful in your assessments.
You will be required to supply your own full length work trousers and safety footwear for the workshop, along with a change of footwear when leaving the workshop. You will also need course specific text books and stationery. You will be sent a full list of materials and equipment prior to enrolment.
Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying or equivalent, or relevant industry experience.
Level : Level 3
Starts : 09 September, 2019
Duration : 1 Year Full Time
Course Code : DP3BRAP
: 01780 484 311