Gain an introduction in to the motor vehicle industry, and build your academic and practical skills to progress on to a Level 1 Diploma You will gain basic understanding of: You will gain a basic understand of:
- Engine components, and the operation,
- Cooling and lubrication systems
- Steering and suspension components and operation
- Simple repair processes
You will also have the opportunity to work on real cars in our brand new industry replica car garage and workshop, which opened in February 2016.
This course is approximately 25% theory and 75% practical.
You will study the following units:
- Introduction to Motor Vehicle Workshop Safety
- Introduction to the Retail Automotive Maintenance and Repair Industry
- Motor Vehicle Workshop Tools and Equipment
- Principles of Engine Components and Operation
- Principles of Light Vehicle Steering and Suspension Systems
- Simple Body Repair Processes
- Principles of Component Fitting
- Routine Cooling and Lubrication System Checks
- Routine Braking System Checks
- Routine Wheel and Tyre Checks
- Routine Vehicle Checks
You will learn both in the classroom, with theory based discussions, multimedia presentations, worksheets and hands on practical learning. All materials used to support your studies are also made available via the internet.
On Successful completion of this course, you can progress to a Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles Diploma Level 1 or enter employment.
You will be assessed through an online phase test covering health and safety and use of tools and chemicals/substances. You will also be assessed through completion of worksheets and practically assessed tasks and their write up.
You will require a uniform consisting of steel toe capped boots and overalls which can be purchased directly from our website. During your interview you will also sit an online suitability assessment. The result of this, plus your previous academic achievements and maturitywill determine the level of course you are offered.
No formal qualifications required, but you will be required to pass an initial assessment aptitude test.
Level : Entry Level 3
Starts : 09 September, 2019
Duration : 1 Year Full Time
Course Code : E3DVTAP
: 01780 484 311