Take your first steps towards a career in the fashion industry with this attractive alternative to A Levels. You will build your critical and contextual awareness through a series of live projects and have the opportunity to showcase your own designs in our annual Fashion Show and through responding to real, live briefs from businesses.
- Visual language
- Research skills
- Project proposal and realisation
- Building your critical and contextual awareness
- A series of live projects
You will study a range of units including:
- Introduction to visual language in art and design
- Introduction to research skills in art and design
- Introduction to critical and contextual awareness in art and design
- Introduction to materials, processes and technical skills in art and design
- An integrated approach to 2D problem solving in art and design
- An integrated approach to 3D problem solving in art and design
- An integrated approach to time-based problem solving
- Developing an art and design project
- Opportunities for progression in art and design
Year 2 modules include:
- Characteristics and contexts in art and design
- Preparation for progression in art and design
- Engaging with an audience in art and design
- Project proposal and realisation in art and design
This course is 100% coursework based.
Throughout this course you will develop and apply a broad range of transferable skills. You will be able to demonstrate:
- Independent inquiry
- Creative thinking
- Reflective learning
- Team working
- Effective participation
- Problem solving
You will have the opportunity to take part in weekly life drawing classes to develop your observational, figurative and mixed media skills.
Specialist lecturers on the Level 3 Creative Arts Diplomas offer regular workshops to widen your skills which in turn can be applied to your project work.
Former students have progressed to some of the top fashion universities in the world such as Ravensbourne and Central St Martins. You could progress to study a degree in Art, Design or Fashion or enter employment as a Fashion Designer, Textile Designer, Pattern Cutter, Stylist, Costume Designer, Seamstress or Print Designer.
Assessment is completed through a portfolio of evidence which will be internally assessed. You can utilise your portfolio to take to University or job interviews to showcase your abilities.
There is an annual £60 studio fee for this course payable in September which ensures that you have access to the appropriate materials. You will also be expected to provide various materials necessary for the successful completion of coursework including sketch books, mount board etc.
5 GCSEs at grades 4/C or above including English and maths, and an arts-based subject at grade 6/B, or a Merit in a relevant Level 2 Diploma.
A Merit in your first year is required to enter the second year Extended Diploma.
Level : Level 3
Starts : 09 September, 2019
Duration : 1/2 Years Full Time
Course Code : ED3FAAP
: 01780 484 311