This dynamic course covers a wide variety of subject areas, broadening your experience and developing the skills you need to progress in the creative media industry. You will cover topics such as: animation, advertising, app design, film and television, games design, graphics, illustration, photography, sound, web design and 3D modelling. You will experience working with a range of software programmes, specialise in your own chosen pathway, and build a stunning portfolio of work.
You will have the opportunity to take part in many trips to inspire your creativity. Former students have taken part in international trips to Barcelona, Prague and New York as well as more local visits to The Warner Bro’s Studio Tour in London, EGX Rezzed Games, Warners Printers in Bourne, Liverpool London based museums, Leicester City FC Ground and Yorkshire Sculpture Park.
This course is approximately 40% theory and 60% practical.
You will study the following units:
- Unit 1 Introduction to media processes and technical skills
- Unit 2 Introduction to design and research skills in creative media production
- Unit 3 Introduction to professional practice in creative media production
- Unit 4 Critical and contextual awareness in creative media production
- Unit 5 Investigating audio production and technology
- Unit 6 Investigating visual production and technology
- Unit 7 Investigating interactive production and technology
- Unit 8 Developing a creative media Production project
- Unit 9 Characteristics and contexts in creative media production
- Unit 10 Engaging with an audience in creative media production
- Unit 11 Preparing for progression in creative media production
- Unit 12 Specialist study in creative media production
- Unit 13 Extended project in creative media production
Love Media? See yourself being the next big film director, animator, 3D artist or web designer? Our programme on the level 3 Creative Media will provide you with an opportunity to begin your journey within the Creative Media industry.
You will study through a variety of workshops, projects and classroom based activities. You will develop a wide range of technical skills in, and knowledge of, audio, video, animation, graphics, concept art, and web based work. Other related topics will include narrative storytelling, contextual influences, understanding audiences, develop verbal, visual and written communication skills.
Progress to the HNC in Creative Media Production at University Centre Stamford or other creative degrees at university. You could also enter employment in areas such as: film and TV production, visual effects, animation, graphics, games, photography, illustration and many more
You will be assessed through a range of projects and develop portfolio of evidence which will be internally assessed. Units 1 to 7 in year one are marked as a Pass. Unit 8 is graded a pass, merit or distinction. The grade you achieve for unit 8 will determine your overall grade for year one. In year two units 9 to 12 are marked as a pass, unit 13 is graded a pass, merit or distinction. The grade you achieve for unit 13 will determine your overall grade for the full two years. Currently this course is not exam based. You can utilise your portfolio to take to University or job interviews to showcase your abilities.
You will require a 2GB SD card and at least a 250GB external portable hard drive. These can be purchased for approximately £65.
5 GCSEs at grades 4/C or above, including English and maths and an arts or media based subject, or Merit in a relevant Level 2 Diploma.
Level : Level 3
Starts : 09 September, 2019
Duration : 1/2 Years Full Time
Course Code : ED3CMAP
: 01780 484 311