PE & Schools Sport Apprenticeships with Inspire+
Inspire+ and New College Stamford are working in partnership to deliver this new and exciting apprenticeship.
If you have experience of coaching and/or hold a Sport or Physical Education Level 2 or 3 qualification this may be the course for you!
We offer 2 pathways:
- a 12 month course based in schools with one day per week spent in New College Stamford designed for newly appointed apprentices.
- also available is a mainly work based course with attendance in College for periodic twilight sessions designed for upskilling existing employees. This course is designed to run for 12-18months depending on your contracted hours of employment.
As a newly appointed apprentice you will be employed by your host school and will attend college one day per week to receive high quality tuition delivered by the Inspire+ team.
Your role within the school will support the delivery of Physical Education and School Sport. The NVQ Level 3 Diploma is a 12 month course with a Sept 2018 start date.
This course is part funded for schools by the government using the apprenticeship levy.
The work based learner course is also part funded by the government through the apprenticeship levy and is for current employees at primary and secondary schools. The course is identical to the course mentioned above but is a distance learning course with occasional face to face training sessions.
This course is approximately 80% work and 20% training.
You will study the following units:
- Understanding how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people.
- Understanding how to communicate and develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- Understanding how children and young people develop, recognising when additional support may be required.
- Understanding schools as organisations and the infrastructure behind this (education policy, legislation, school policies and procedures, school roles and responsibilities of staff and other key individuals).
- Understanding how to mentor others within the scope of supporting the delivery of physical education and school sport.
- Being able to support, and assist with the review of, assessment for learning, working with both learners and teachers.
- Being able to plan, deliver and review a physical education and school sport programmes, both curricular and extra-curricular.
- Being able to organise, lead and evaluate a sports event or competitionin school
- Being able to support gifted and talented learners.
- Being able to facilitate community-based sport and physical activity
As a newly appointed apprentice you will be employed by your school 4 days a week and attend college one day per week to receive high quality tuition delivered by a member of the Inspire+ team. You will support the delivery of Physical Education and School Sport within your local school and have the opportunity to enhance your value by undertaking other courses such as the Swimmers Teacher Certificate, Young Playground Leaders, Change4Life and Legacy Challenge.
On completion, you will be able to progress on to a full-time role as a PE Teaching Assistant. You may also pursue a coaching role within the sports industry or progress to university to study degrees such as teaching or sports science.
Working alongside Inspire+ we are able to offer practical training from a wide range of PE and Sport activities weekly and tailor these to individual school needs. This bespoke training sits alongside the academic element of the apprenticeship.
Experience of coaching or hold a Sport or Physical Education Level 2 or 3 qualification.A GCSE Grade 4/C , or equivalent, in Maths and English will be required by the time the course is completed. Support to achieve this will be provided.
Level : Level 3
Duration : 18 Months
Course Code : FRAPSAP
: 01780 484 311