New College Stamford announced as winner in the category for Business Innovation at Glittering event ceremony!
New College Stamford were crowned a winner at this year Stamford Mercury Business Awards on Friday evening. This was the 13th time that the Stamford Mercury has held the awards and they have grown exponentially year on year. The event is a prestigious occasion and brings together businesses from all local areas including Stamford, Bourne and Rutland. This year, the awards ceremony was held at the newly renovated and impressive Greetham Valley Hotel, where a Black-tie gala dinner event was held for all of the nominated businesses alongside the event sponsors. The evening began with a drinks reception and canapes, giving guests an early opportunity to network and talk about the years’ successes. The presentation was hosted by Rutland Radio’s Rob Persani who did a brilliant job of announcing the winners to the audience of over two local business men and women.
The winners in the 10 categories each took home a trophy made from Lincolnshire Limestone. There were 31 businesses represented with three or four businesses shortlisted in each of the categories.
The winners were:
- Best New Start-Up: Baby Nails (Ketton) – Sponsored by Hegarty LLP
- Best Independent Retailer: Peters’ Cleaners (Stamford) – Sponsored by Oldrids & Downtown
- Business Innovation: New College Stamford – Sponsored by InvestSK
- Best Social Enterprise: Second Helpings (Stamford) – Sponsored by Alltech
- Customer Care: Peters’ Cleaners – Sponsored by Bluebird Care
- Great Taste: Tatums Bistro (Stamford) – Sponsored by Loomes
- Employee or Team of the Year: The Village Stores & Post Office (Ryhall) – Sponsored by Landmark IFA
- Businesssperson of the Year: Paul Williams, KFE Ltd (Market Deeping) – Sponsored by Duncan & Toplis
- Small Business of the Year: Katie Cardew Illustrations (King’s Cliffe) – Sponsored by Greetham Valley
- Large Business of the Year: NetSupport Ltd (Market Deeping) – Sponsored by Chattertons
The award recognised our MOT Training Centre and Stamford Gas Training initiatives in particular, as well as noting how well the College is also doing in a wider sense. This is a fantastic achievement for the College and all its staff members. The College continues to go from strength to strength and to receive such a prestigious award confirms all the hard work that all the staff at New College Stamford are putting in.
Take a look at some of the pictures from the evenings celebrations -