All our full time courses require students to take part in work-related activities, work experience and/or work placement. First-hand experience of the work place is vital to a student’s training. It helps young people make up their minds about their future and develop the confidence and skills they need to get their career off the ground.
There are also many benefits to employers, from answering skills shortages, becoming a real part of the community, a chance to see how potential employees suit your organisation’s culture.
Long Term Benefits
• Help address the current and future skills shortages in your industry.
• Strengthen your recruiting pipeline.
• Inspire the next generation to work in your industry.
What do I need to do?
• Provide a minimum 45 day work placement for a student studying a course relevant to your business.
• Arrange the placement with a participating Post-16 provider for some time in the next academic year.
• Contact New College Stamford to arrange a meeting with a Work Placement Co-Ordinator who will be responsible for matching your business with a student.
• Provide a safe environment for the student to work in and opportunities to develop their technical skills and knowledge within your industry.