Successful completion of this course will allow you to progress to the Diploma in CBT Therapeutic Counselling Level 5 or the Diploma in Person Centred Therapeutic Counselling Level 5 at University Centre Peterborough.
Upon successful completion of this qualification you could also progress to:
- Level 3 qualifications in Workplace Mentoring
- Level 3 and 4 qualifications in Advice and Guidance
Progression to Higher Level Studies
This qualification aims to provide you with a number of progression options, including higher level studies at university or FE colleges. The skills required to progress to higher academic studies are different from those required at Levels 1 and 2, but Level 3 qualifications enable the development of these skills. Although there is no single definition of higher level learning skills, they include:
- checking and testing information
- supporting your points with evidence
- self-directed study
- thinking for yourself
- analysing and synthesising information/materials
- critical thinking and problem solving
- working collaboratively
- reflecting upon learning and identifying improvements
Level 3 criteria can require you to analyse, draw conclusions, interpret or justify, which are all examples of higher level skills. This means that evidence provided for the portfolio will also demonstrate the development and use of higher level learning skills.