On successful completion of this course, you can progress to a supervisory or management higher level qualification, apprenticeship or employment. You would expect to be looking at roles as a Supervisor or Trainee Manager.
What can this course lead to?
Who is it for?
Could you see yourself working in some of the best hotels and restaurants in the world? Then why not consider a career within the hospitality industry? This qualification focuses on supervisory roles within the restaurant and bar industry, front of house and event organisation.
What is covered?
Some of the units you will study are as follows:
- 401 Set objectives and provide support for team members
- 402 Develop working relationships with colleagues
- 403 Contribute to the control of resources
- 404 Maintain health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- 405 Lead a team to improve customer service
- 406 Contribute to promoting hospitality products and services
- 410 Supervise food services
- 411 Supervise drinks services
- 426 Supervise practice for handling payments
- 429 Contribute to the selection of staff for activities
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A releveant Diploma Level 2 or equivalent. You will also be required to gain evidence for this qualification through work experience.
Worried about your grades?
Whatever your results, we want to assure you that extenuating circumstances will be considered should you not have the grades indicated above.
We will review each application on a case-by-case basis to ensure you get a place on the course most suitable for you.
One of the ways we do this is through a very effective ‘6 weeks to success programme’ that operates from the first day you start your course. This includes support such as (but not limited to):
- Allowing you to change courses if you change your mind in the first 6 weeks
- Moving you between course levels if you are finding your current level too easy / too hard
- Incorporating English and maths GCSE resits in to your timetable if you don’t meet the grades you need
- One-to-one reviews with your academic tutor to ensure you are progressing and achieving well
Our course enquiries and admissions team are available remotely throughout this unprecedented period. They can be contacted at email@example.com should you have any further questions.
You will gain practical training in our industry standard restaurant to develop new skills and enhance existing skills. Through a process of practical sessions, demonstrations, group workshops and one to one training, you will be taught the skills needed to be assessed as competent in a wide range of management styles and techniques. All practical learning is re-enforced by studying the theory in the classroom.
You will be assessed through practical and ongoing observations and assessments, with some small assignment tasks. There is no formal practical or theoretical examinations for this programme.
You will require a uniform, equipment, reference books, and the ability to participate in educational visits to support your learning. Health, safety and hygiene standards will need to be met and work experience will assist your progression and possible employment.