Practical Vs Theory
Gain practical and written scientific skills to make connections with all living things around you. Biology literally means the study of life and if that’s not important, what is? Studying this broad subject will allow you to discover your area of interest and open the door to a fantastic range of interesting careers. You will study:
- Biological Molecules
- How Organisms Exchange Substances with Their Environment
- Genetic Information, Variation and Relationships Between Organisms
- Energy Transfers in and Between Organisms
- How Organisms Respond to Changes in Their Internal and External Environments
- Genetics, Populations, Evolution and Ecosystems
- The Control of Gene Expression
This course is 100% exam based. You will also be required to complete a minimum of 12 assessed practicals.
Ellie achieved A*, A, A and was accepted in to Newcastle University to study Biomedical Science with her results in Maths, Chemistry and Biology.