Practical Vs Theory
Study the inner workings of the media industry and understand the theories that underpin how we interact with the world of TV, film, print, radio and digital online media through the study of a wide range of contemporary media products. Develop practical skills using industry-standard creative software to design magazines, build websites and create a range of video productions. Throughout the course you will use these skills to produce a selection of coursework following live briefs for local and College projects. You will study:
- Media theory and critical theoretical approaches
- Close study products from 9 media platforms
- Creative and practical skills in video production, print design and online media
- Media language, media audiences, media representation and media industries
- Social, historical and political perspectives
This course is approximately 70% exam and 30% coursework.
I achieved A*, A*, A and secured a place at The University of Nottingham to study Theoretical Physics and work towards my PHD.