Practical Vs Theory
This course falls under the Religious Studies A Level umbrella and will introduce you to some of the classic debates in philosophy and challenge assumptions made in other subjects you study. Explore the answers to questions such as:
How do we gain knowledge?
Where does our knowledge come from?
Can we know that there is a physical world ‘out there’ which we experience through our senses?
Or: What do we mean when we say something is morally wrong?
How can we work out what to do in a moral dilemma?
Is there such thing as the right thing to do?
You will study:
- Epistemology (the theory of knowledge)
- The Origin and limits of Knowledge
- Moral Philosophy
- Ethical theories and language
- Philosophy of Religion and the concept of God
- The Cosmological argument
- The Philosophy of mind and mind-body problem
I achieved A*, A*, A and secured a place at The University of Nottingham to study Theoretical Physics and work towards my PHD.