Practical Vs Theory
Engage with theoretical debates related to the education system, family, religion and crime. Sociologists undertake research to identify social problems and attempt to influence governments to improve the social world. As part of your studies you will evaluate the effectiveness of government policies, theories and research. Studying sociology will challenge you to think deeply about society and rethink many assumptions that we take for granted. You will study:
- Socialisation, culture and identity
- Family and relationships
- Researching social inequalities
- Understanding social inequalities
- Globalisation and the digital social world
- Research Methods in the context of education, crime and deviances, and faith beliefs in contemporary society
This course is 100% exam based.
I’ve had a brilliant two years at New College Stamford, it’s been the best years of my education! With grades A*, A, B, I’m now progressing to Cardiff University to study Journalism.