Practical Vs Theory
Develop the practical skills and experience you need to pursue a career working with animals. You will learn how to maintain animal accommodation, practical feeding, caring for exotic animals and the conservation and improvement of animal habitats. You will undertake compulsory work experience to expand your knowledge, working in real-life Animal Care settings. You will study a range of units including:
- Work Related Experience in the Land-based Industries
- Maintaining Animal Accommodation
- Practical Animal Feeding
- Animal Health and Welfare
- Introduction to the Principles and Practices of Animal Behaviour and Handling
- Basic Principles of Animal Biology
You will be required to take part in 150 hours of work experience including work related experiences in the sector. This course is 70% theory and 30% practical work.
The real hands-on experiences I have gained working with a range of species at College has allowed me to continue my studies and become a Veterinary Nurse.