Practical Vs Theory
This practical course will develop your understanding of animals in the wild and in society as well as learning how to assist with maintaining the health, well-being and accommodation of animals, including feeding, watering and handling. Modules covered include essential skills with both animal and plant related topics. They are:
- Being Organised
- Working With Others
- Researching a Topic
- Developing a Personal Progression Plan
- Finding Out About the Land Based Sector
- Caring for and Feeding Animals
- Moving and Accommodating Animals
- Growing Plants
- Caring for and Keeping Plants Healthy
- Prepare Soil for Planting
This course is 50% theory and 50% practical work.
The real hands-on experiences I have gained working with a range of species at College has allowed me to continue my studies and become a Veterinary Nurse.