Practical Vs Theory
Gain a career in the creative industry with this attractive alternative to A Levels.
Deepen your knowledge of art and design and experiment with a range of specialisms. You will explore visual language, research skills, project proposal and realisation, and build your critical and contextual awareness through a series of live projects. You will have the opportunity to take part in weekly life drawing classes to develop your observational, figurative and mixed media skills — skills highly sought after by prestigious art universities.
To inspire your creativity and artistic development, at Level 3 you will have the opportunity to take part in a 5 day residential trip to Florence, Italy in Year 1 and New York City in Year 2, as well as regular project related trips throughout the year. You will meet various industry professionals to inspire your artistic development including photographers, fashion designers, illustrators and past students currently working in the art industry.
This course is awarded by UAL (University of the Arts London) – A top 5 university in the world for Art and Design courses and Europe’s largest specialist university of Art and Design.QS World University Rankings®
You will study a range of units including:
- Introduction to visual language in art and design
- Introduction to research skills in art and design
- Introduction to critical and contextual awareness in art and design
- Introduction to materials, processes and technical skills in art and design
- An integrated approach to 2D problem solving in art and design
- An integrated approach to 3D problem solving in art and design
- An integrated approach to time-based problem solving
- Developing an art and design project
- Opportunities for progression in art and design
Year 2 modules include:
- Characteristics and contexts in art and design
- Preparation for progression in art and design
- Engaging with an audience in art and design
- Project proposal and realisation in art and design