Practical Vs Theory
Advance your practical skills and therapeutic knowledge for a successful career in the beauty industry. You will gain industry standard skills working with real, paying clients in our on-site commercial salon. Study a range of treatments including body analysis, Swedish massage therapy, skin analysis, mechanical massage, and body and facial electrical treatments.
You will have the opportunity to take part in a number of trips, activities and competitions throughout the year. Previous trips and visits include: Salon International, The Clothes Show, Goldwell Academy London, Steiner Cruise Ships Careers Event, and a number of local employer masterclasses. You will also showcase your new skills in our Annual Fashion Show.
This course is approximately 50% theory and 50% practical.
You will study a range of units including:
- Health and safety in the salon
- Client care and consultation
- Body analysis
- Swedish massage therapy
- Skin analysis
- Mechanical massage
- Anatomy and Physiology for the face and body systems
- Body electrical treatments
- Facial electrical treatments
- Additional beauty training – depending on the trends in industry for the year e.g. Threading, Gel and Acrylic Nails etc.