Practical Vs Theory
Specialise your skills in massage with this alternative route in to the beauty industry. You will gain experience by providing treatments to paying clients in our on-site salon and develop your massaging expertise to include, Swedish massage, stone therapy and Indian head massage.
You will have the opportunity to take part in a number of trips, activities and competitions throughout the year. Previous trips and visits include: Salon International, The Clothes Show, Goldwell Academy London, Steiner Cruise Ships Careers Event, and a number of local employer masterclasses. You will also showcase your new skills in our Annual Fashion Show.
This course is approximately 50% theory and 50% practical.
You will study a range of units including:
- Health and safety in the salon
- Client care and consultation
- History and origins of massage therapies
- Swedish massage
- Stone therapy
- Indian head massage
- Anatomy and Physiology for the face and body systems
- Promote and see products and services
- Contribute to the effective running of a business