Practical Vs Theory
This course is now full. New applicants will be placed on a waiting list and be contacted should a place become available. Alternatively, applications for courses starting in September 2020 will open in October.
Learn and develop the basic skills, knowledge and understanding of bricklaying and the construction industry. Through undertaking practical tasks you will understand how to carry out block walling, cavity walling, be able to mix construction materials, and set out basic masonry structures. You will also learn and apply the principles of health and safety and develop your employability, maths and English skills to help you achieve the entry requirements for your intended progression. Unit Information You will study a range of units including:
- Unit 1: Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Unit 2: Knowledge of construction technology
- Unit 3:Knowledge of technical information, quantities and communication with others
- Unit 4: Construct block walling
- Unit 5: Construct brick walling
- Unit 6: Construct cavity walling
- Unit 7: Mix construction materials
- Unit 8: Setting out for basic masonry structures
This course is approximately 20% theory and 80% practical.
Studying bricklaying at New College Stamford has broadened my knowledge and opportunities for me to progress to a successful career in building industry.