Practical Vs Theory
What Does The Programme Include
You will learn through a combination of independent and group activities including lectures, seminars, trips, visits and work-related experiences.
• 96 UCAS points typically from A Levels or a Level 3 Diploma in Business, although students from other subject specialisms are encouraged to apply
• Mature students who may not have formal qualifications are encouraged to apply for an interview where you will be considered on your experience, enthusiasm and commitment
How The Course Will Be Assessed
A range of assessment methods will be used including reports, presentations, essays, examinations and research projects. Team work in assessments is also encouraged.
Potential Future Career
The HND is a specialist vocational programme with a strong work-related emphasis. You could gain employment in the following disciplines: finance and accounts, HR management, marketing and digital marketing, sales and promotion, operations management, logistics and event management.
Successful completion of this course will provide you with the qualifications required to ‘top-up’ to a full Bachelor’s Degree at university in just one year. Acceptance on to these courses is at the discretion of the institution offering the top-up.
- Business and the Business Environment (Core)
- Marketing Essentials (Core)
- Human Resource Management (Core)
- Management and Operations (Core)
- Management Accounting (Core)
- Managing a Successful Business Project (Core)
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management (Optional)
- Innovation and Commercilisation (Optional)
- Research Project (Core)
- Organisational Behaviour (Core)
- Operations and Project Management (Specialist)
- Planning for Growth (Optional)
- Business Strategy (Optional)
- International Marketing (Optional)
- Pitching and Negotiating Skills (Optional)
You will have the opportunity to take part in a range of trips including using local businesses as case studies for assignments and Business Expos to network with professionals. We also invite guest speakers to work with you to enhance your learning experience. Please note that trips may differ year-on-year.
You will be taught in a dedicated classroom and have access to various study facilities including a recently refurbished Library where you’ll have access to books, journals, computers and e‑resources. Free WiFi is available to all students.
You will also have access to an Academic Support Tutor to assist you with your studies and careers advisors to help you with your future employment.
I’m now heading to Leeds Beckett University to study Primary Teaching as I’ve gained real experiences through work placements and practical modules to help me find the right career path.