Practical Vs Theory
Entry is at the discretion of the centre. However, learners should be aged 16 or above to undertake this qualification qualifications.
Do you need to be working to take this qualification?
This is a knowledge-only qualification. Work/industry placement experience is not required.
How The Course Will Be Assessed
Potential Future Career
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 2 and 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
• Level 2 and 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• Level 2 Award in Awareness of Dementia
• Level 2 and 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
• Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
• Level 3 Certificate in Stroke Care Management
• Intermediate and Advanced Apprenticeships in Health & Social Care.
Workers within a wide range of public service roles will interact with those with mental health issues and support needs in their day-to-day work across a number of sectors. This qualification may be useful to learners studying qualifications in the following sector(s)/area(s):
• customer service
• voluntary sector
• sport and recreation
• travel and tourism.
The purpose of this qualification is to give learners the skills to support colleagues with mental health problems. These skills will be gained by increasing the learner’s knowledge and understanding of mental health conditions and the principles of mental health first aid and how this can be implemented in the workplace.
To be awarded this qualification, learners are required to successfully complete 3 mandatory units.
My course has allowed me to get a job as a Nursery Nurse straight away, I’ve also got the opportunity to train as a Primary School Teacher!