Practical Vs Theory
Advance your knowledge of computer science and the fundamental understanding of computer systems. This course will give you the opportunity to develop skills in managing networks, designing and developing websites, games, databases and digital graphics.
You will have the opportunity to take part in many external trips including Bletchley Park and Cadbury World where you will investigate automated systems. You will meet a range of guest speakers from the industry to give you top tips for advancing your career in IT and Computing.
This course is approximately 50% theory and 50% practical.
You will study a range of units including:
- Principles of Computer Science
- Fundamentals of Computer Systems
- Planning and Management of Computing Projects
- Software Design and Development
- IT Systems Security and Encryption
- Business Applications of Social Media
- The Impact of Computing
- Digital Graphics and Animation
- Computer Games Development
- Website Development
- Relational Database Development
- Computer Networking
- Managing and Supporting Systems