Practical Vs Theory
This dynamic course covers a wide variety of subject areas, broadening your experience and developing the skills you need to progress in the creative media industry. You will cover topics such as: animation, advertising, app design, film and television, games design, graphics, illustration, photography, sound, web design and 3D modelling. You will experience working with a range of software programmes, specialise in your own chosen pathway, and build a stunning portfolio of work.
You will have the opportunity to take part in many trips to inspire your creativity. Former students have taken part in international trips to Barcelona, Prague and New York as well as more local visits to The Warner Bro’s Studio Tour in London, EGX Rezzed Games, Warners Printers in Bourne, Liverpool London based museums, Leicester City FC Ground and Yorkshire Sculpture Park.
This course is approximately 40% theory and 60% practical.
You will study the following units: Year one
- Unit 1 Introduction to media processes and technical skills
- Unit 2 Introduction to design and research skills in creative media production
- Unit 3 Introduction to professional practice in creative media production
- Unit 4 Critical and contextual awareness in creative media production
- Unit 5 Investigating audio production and technology
- Unit 6 Investigating visual production and technology
- Unit 7 Investigating interactive production and technology
- Unit 8 Developing a creative media Production project
- Unit 9 Characteristics and contexts in creative media production
- Unit 10 Engaging with an audience in creative media production
- Unit 11 Preparing for progression in creative media production
- Unit 12 Specialist study in creative media production
- Unit 13 Extended project in creative media production
I studied something I was truly passionate about, 2 years after finishing my course I got a job as a Producer at Ideal World TV!