Practical Vs Theory
As an Early Years Educator you will learn the following:
- Plans and supervises child initiated and adult led activities which are based around the needs and interests of each individual child.
- Supports children to develop numeracy and language skils through games and play.
- Has key person responsibility to help ensure each child feels safe and secure.
- Observes each child and shapes their learning experience to reflect their observations.
- Meets the care needs of the individual child such as feeding, changing nappies and administration of medicine.
- Works in partnership with other colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of each child.
With additional experience, an Early Years Educator can become the manager of an early years setting.
Studying in the work place means I can gain the real-life, hands on experience I need to progress in the early years sector!