Practical Vs Theory
Gain an introduction to the electrical industry and develop the practical skills necessary to install electrical equipment to an industry standard. You will learn the basics about different types of installation including electrical installation, wiring and terminations, fabrication techniques for electrical installations, and electrical science and technology. You will be required to undertake 1 week work experience with an electrician, on a construction site or in a construction related field. You will also be expected to take part in community projects. This course is approximately 30% theory and 70% practical. Unit Info:
- Structure of the construction industry
- Fundamental safe working practices
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwelling.
- Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Electrical installation wiring and terminations
- Fabrication techniques for electrical installation.
- Electrical science and technology
The combination of theory and practical sessions really immerses you into the subject and experiences to progress into the industry!