Practical Vs Theory
The AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping provides an entry point for anyone wishing to start a career in accountancy or finance. It may also support career progression for those already in employment by formally recognising their skills in manual bookkeeping. This qualification delivers the skills and essential knowledge to manage books effectively.
Who is it for?
- If you are a small business owner and want to do your own books
- You would like to acquire new skills to help with a change in your career
- You’re a school leaver looking for an introduction to bookkeeping
- You are currently in employment or training and you need workplace skills
- You would like to go onto be an AAT member or study for chartered status
Tutor: Andy Harrison
Time: 9:30am – 12.30am
Dates: Roll on, Roll off
No of Sessions: 12 weeks
Venue: Rutland Adult Learning, Oakham Enterprise Park
For more information, and to enrol please visit https://www.ralss.org.uk/course/level-2-foundation-certificate-in-bookkeeping/
Ideally you will have English and maths GCSE at grades C, /4 or above, or Level 2 Functional skills or at least working at level 2 on assessment. All applicants will be screened to assess their current literacy and numeracy skills.
Fees, Finance & Funding
£704 Tuition fees plus £98.00 exam fees.
For those on JSA or work-related ESA the Level 2 is fully funded and therefore free to study. The Level 2 can also be fully funded for 19 – 23 year olds depending on your qualifications already gained.
You will have to pay the AAT membership directly to AAT which is £48.00
I’ve gained skills and confidence to progress onto a catering course where I can gain a career in the Catering.