Practical Vs Theory
Develop your professional and specialist skills in hairdressing through the study of advanced cutting and colouring techniques including creative styling and dressing, advanced perming, creative colouring and colour correction. You will gain practical experience in our on-site commercial salon and develop your hair design portfolio working on catwalks, fashion shoots and competitions.
You will have regular visits from industry professionals throughout the course such as visits from Goldwell Colour Educators (with the opportunity to visit their training salon in Leicester), Masterclasses by Salon Owners and opportunities to complete in regional and national competitions such as the AHT Hair and Make-Up Awards, and showcase your skills in our End of Year Fashion Show.
This course is approximately 30% theory and 70% practical.
You will study a range of units including:
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
- Creatively colour and lighten hair
- Providing client consultation services
- Hair colour correction services
- Develop, enhance and evaluate your creative hairdressing skills
- Cut men’s hairstyles