Practical Vs Theory
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who wish to gain an understanding of the care and management of diabetes.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 19 and above.
Entry is at the discretion of the Centre. However, learners should be aged at least 16 to undertake the qualification.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
For more information contact Jobsmart on:
Tel: 01733 863068
Potential Future Career
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
This qualification aims to:
- Provide an understanding of the different types of diabetes and how they can occur
- Develop awareness of how the onset of Type 2 diabetes can be delayed with lifestyle changes
- Develop understanding of diabetes diagnosis and initial care
- Develop understanding of ongoing care and treatment of diabetes to control blood sugar levels.
The college allowed me to explore my passion for 3D modelling and games design, work on a live briefs to add to my portfolio helping me secure a place to study 3D Games Art and Design at university.