Practical Vs Theory
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners with some existing knowledge of this area who are interested in improving their understanding of nutrition and health.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 19 and above.
Entry is at the discretion of the Centre. However, learners should be aged at least 16 to undertake the qualification.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
For more information contact Jobsmart on:
Tel: 01733 863068
Potential Future Career
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
- Level 2 qualifications in Hospitality and Catering
- Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Exercise and Fitness
This qualification aims to:
- Increase understanding of the principles of healthy eating and the role of food in maintaining health
- Increase confidence in planning and achieving a healthy diet
- Provide an understanding of how an individual’s dietary requirements change throughout their life
- Provide an understanding of food labelling and the ability to use information from food labels
- Provide information on eating disorders
- Increase understanding of the role of a healthy diet for weight management
- Increase understanding of the principles of food safety in a home environment.
Studying a variety of trades on the Construction Skills course has provided me with the qualifications I need to progress into Carpentry!