Practical Vs Theory
This qualification aims to assist learners to develop their knowledge and understanding of the principles of caring for those with dementia. It covers areas such as person centred care, the influence of positive communciation methods, issues relating to the use of medication for those with dementia and the importance of providing appropriate activities. The qualification doesn’t infer competence in the work role, but can be used to support underpinning knowledge and understanding needed for those working in, or towards, a dementia care role.
How The Course Will Be Assessed
You will be assessed via a portfolio of evidence.
Potential Future Career
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress to:
- Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 3 Diplomas in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
You will study the following:
- Dementia awareness
- The person centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
- Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Understand the administration of medication to invdividuals with dementia using a person centred approach
- Understand behaviour in the context of dementia
- Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care
Alongside gaining professional experience in the College’s restaurant, I was able to secure a part-time job alongside my studies at one of Stamford’s high-class restaurants — The William Cecil.