Practical Vs Theory
Sport is currently one of the fastest- growing industries in the UK and offers a huge range of professions in a variety of different areas up to international level. This course is designed to focus on your own performance through coaching, fitness training, technology, psychology or nutrition. Employability plays an important role in this programme and is evidenced by the inclusion of a work experience unit to make learners “more employable” when they complete the course and ensure they have additional qualifications on top of their OCR Course. This course is approximately 20% theory and 80% practical.
You will study the following units:
- Practical Sport (Team and Individual)
- Anatomy and Physiology for Sport
- Planning and Leading
- Fitness Testing
- Lifestyle and the Sports Performer
- Development of Personal Fitness
- Technical skills and Tactical Awareness for Sport
- Nutrition for Sports Performance
With the skills and experience I have gained at New College Stamford studying Sport I have been able to secure a job as a Sports Coach at Little Kickers!