Practical Vs Theory
Develop your football skills and ability through practical learning and regular participation in competitive league matches with teams at your level. You will study at our Borderville Sports Complex, home to Stamford AFC’s Zeeco Stadium, where you will not only have the opportunity to gain a qualification whilst training for a career as a semi-professional footballer, but also recieve your coaching from football industry experts and former professional football players. You will participate in six hours training a week.
Learners will study a Level 2 Diploma in Sport course for 10.75 hours per week, alongside 6 hours training and Wednesday match days. Please be aware learners will be enrolled onto their course alongside their Football Academy commitments so will be required to complete and engage in both aspects
4 GCSEs at grades 3/D or above including English and maths, or a relevant Level 1 qualification.<?xml:namespace prefix = “o” ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” />
Regrettably we currently do not have the numbers to run a female football team, and as FA rules state mixed football is not allowed over the age of 16 we cannot accept applications from female candidates.
However, if you are female and interested in a career in football, our Sports courses are the next best alternative and will still allow you to play football and other sports.
Whatever your results, we want to assure you that extenuating circumstances will be considered should you not have the grades indicated above.
We will review each application on a case-by-case basis to ensure you get a place on the course most suitable for you.
One of the ways we do this is through a very effective ‘6 weeks to success programme’ that operates from the first day you start your course. This includes support such as (but not limited to):
- Allowing you to change courses if you change your mind in the first 6 weeks ‑subject to availability
- Moving you between course levels if you are finding your current level too easy / too hard, subject to availability
- Automatically enrolling you on the GCSE maths and English course if you do not achieve a grade 4 pass
- One-to-one reviews with your academic tutor to ensure you are progressing and achieving well
Our course enquiries and admissions team are available at email@example.com should you have any further questions.
You will need to provide £150 for uniform and £100 for trips across the year. Please see the College Life page on our website to see how the college may be able to support you with this requirement https://www.stamford.ac.uk/college-life
Potential Future Career
Progress to either:
- Stamford Football Academy Diploma Level 3
- Sport and Exercise Science (Extended) Diploma Level 3
- Sports Coaching and Development Diploma Level 3
- Community Sport & Health Officer Apprenticeship Standard Level 3
- or enter employment
You will study the following units:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Practical Sport
- Planning and Leading
- Athletes Lifestyle
- Effects of Exercise
- Technical and Tactical Awareness for Sport
- Fitness Testing
- Development of Personal Fitness
- Sports Psychology
- Injury in Sport
I’ve gained a place at university to study Sports Massage. I love being able to concentrate on something I enjoy.