Practical Vs Theory
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who wish to gain an understanding of end of life care. These may be learners who wish to access this training with a view to progress to further qualifications or employment within health and social care, to complement other qualifications in apprenticeship frameworks within health or health and social care, or to develop in their current job role within health and social care.
What Does The Programme Include
Online delivery only.
How The Course Will Be Assessed
Responses to questions to be marked by a dedicated tutor and feedback to provided via online course portal.
Potential Future Career
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to the following:
• Level 2 and 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support Services
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to prepare to enter or progress within employment in a variety of sectors and job roles where an understanding of care planning is required.
6 mandatory units:
• Understand how to work in end of life care
• Care planning in end of life care
• Understand how to provide support to manage pain and discomfort
• End of life care and dementia
• Understanding the role of the care worker in time of death
• Understand loss and grief in end of life care.
Learning in a practical hands-on environment helps you achieve your goals and most of all enjoy your time at college. I am now planning on undertaking an Apprenticeship and becoming fully qualified.