Practical Vs Theory
This qualification is designed for a wide range of people who wish to understand the approaches to care and support of those with mental health problems. This qualification aims to raise awareness of:
- The role of the mental health worker
- The process and approaches involved in the care and support of those who expereicne mental ill-health
The objectives of this qualification is to give people working, or intending to work in a health and social care context, an understanding of approaches to supporting those with mental health needs. It will also enable you to progress to other qualifications in health and social care.
How The Course Will Be Assessed
You will be assessed via a portfolio of evidence.
Potential Future Career
On successful completion of this qualification, you could progress to:
- Level 2 Award in Substance Misuse
- Level 2 Award in Awareness of Dementia
- Level 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
You will study the following:
- Understand the role of the mental health worker
- Mental health and mental health issues
- Understand duty of care in adult health and social care
- Approaches to care and management in mental health
- Understanding change and support in relation to mental health
Studying an apprenticeship with New College Stamford has provided me with the skills I need for a successful electrical career!