We are looking forward to meeting you in September. In the meantime please find here your
- welcome pack with activities and research you may find useful
- and important information regarding your uniform, kits, trips, induction and work experience.
Please read through all the information carefully, and if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at Lyn.Frisby@stamford.ac.uk or
See you soon.
Lyn and Justine
First Day and Induction
To access your induction (including information on your first day and timetables), you will need to log into our Google Education system using your college Google account.
This is different to your application and enrolment log in.
Please sign out of any personal Google accounts you may be logged into beforehand at https://accounts.google.com/.
Your default password is PE91XA!!
After successfully logging in, you can then access the college induction website at: https://sites.google.com/stamford.ac.uk/induction/.
Due to the restrictions imposed by the COVID-19 outbreak will be delivering the majority of induction online to maximise your safety. However there will be an opportunity to meet your tutors and classmates with social distancing in place to help you settle in to College life. The dates below detail when you will be required to attend College:
Timetables will be issued on completion of your induction (please note this may change and will be confirmed when we meet).
There will be a late night for all Hairdressing programmes which means one day you will finish college at 7.00pm. This will begin the first week that you are on timetable.
Will I be required to wear a uniform?
For your induction period you may wear your own smart/casual clothes, however you will be required to wear your uniform at all times unless directed otherwise once your timetable commences.
Please ensure that you have placed your order before the start of term so that your uniform and kit has arrived before your return to college.
Will there be any educational visits?
Yes, you will have the opportunity to participate in visits linked to your course. There will also be a range of guest speakers and extra training courses available that will be confirmed by your tutors.
Details of the trips and associated costs will be provided to you during your first few weeks, and some of the proposed trips we hope to take are below although this will all depend on the social distancing measures in place from the Government.
- Salon International Show at Excel London October 2020
- AHT Competition Regional Heats February 2021
- Balmain Hair Extensions Course Date TBC
- L’oreal Colour Course January 2021
- College Hair and Fashion Show May 2021
Will I be required to complete work experience?
Yes, you are required to complete mandatory work experience
- Level 1 students carry out in-house work experience which is carried out in non-timetabled hours and this is to be confirmed with your tutor on a rota basis.
- Level 2 students will be required to undertake a weeks work experience from 1 to 5 Mar 2021. You will be given more information regarding this on the commencement of your course.
- Level 3 students will will need to gain confirmation from a Hair Salon of at least 1 days placement per week for the duration of your course in order to secure your place on the course.
You will also gain client experience from pamper days, commercial salons, supporting peers and internal events, such as open evenings and promotions. We encourage you to seek voluntary work experience on your non-college days in industry if possible, or seek weekend work in industry.
Will I require any equipment for my course?
Yes, you must buy your equipment before you start your course from our kit list. This is negotiated at a low price for you and is required for the units on your course.
You will also be expected to arrive at every lesson with pens, and also a writing pad to take down class notes. A folder and dividers for your portfolio is mandatory and so you will be expected to bring these to every lesson.
Will I be required to source clients for my hairdressing assessments?
Yes, you will be required to bring clients in to the College’s Inspire Salon to complete your assessments on. These will be for a variety of services, your tutor will explain this requirement in more detail on the commencement of your course.