Applying for College
2. Select your course, and click the ‘Apply’ button.
3. You’ll be asked to create an account so you can track the progress of your application. Once submitted, you’ll receive confirmation from us that your application is being processed.
For more information visit our "How To Apply" page.
How To Apply Guide
In the current situation we are faced with we have taken the decision to cancel all interviews until further notice.
Our place promise means that whatever your grades, please be assured there will always be a place at Stamford College for those who want to work hard and achieve their goals.
Some courses require a personal statement. These details will be emailed to you if they apply. If you require assistance with your personal statement please get in touch with our information and guidance team. email@example.com
All applicants awaiting GCSE results will be given a conditional offer of a place at Stamford College. During enrolment we will review each application on a case-by-case basis, and extenuating circumstances will be considered should you not meet the entry requirements of your chosen course. You will be sent a Summer assignment to complete for your course.
Icebreakers, Activities and News
We will regularly get in touch with you about interesting news regarding your course and College news. There will also be opportunities for you to take part in icebreakers with other new students.
• You will be invited to take part in online (social media) based icebreakers with other new students.
• Further details will be added about 'meet your tutor' activities .
Transport and Financial Support
What is a conditional offer?
A conditional offer is where upon reviewing your application, we provide you with a place at the College in September on the condition that you meet certain standards.
These will be highlighted to you in your offer letter and could include:
- Achieving set grades in your exams
- Successfully completing a summer assignment to the required standard
- Completing a personal statement
- Submitting a project or portfolio
What if I don’t get the grades?
We have a very effective‘6 weeks to success programme’ that we have been developing over a number of years which ensures you are monitored carefully and supported appropriately whilst transitioning from school to college. This includes support such as (but not limited to):
· Allowing you to change courses if you change your mind (subject to availability)
· Moving you between course levels if you are finding your current level too easy /too hard (subject to availability)
· In some cases, incorporating English and maths GCSE in to your timetable if you don’t meet the grades you need
· Providing access to additional learning support should you need extra support in the classroom or assessment for learning resources
· Regular meetings with your Student Advisor, who will get to know you and ensure you are happy and engaged with your course
· One-to-one reviews with your academic tutor to discuss your progress
What is a place promise?
Whatever your grades, please be assured there will always be a place at Stamford College for those who want to work hard and achieve their goals. We are extremely well qualified and experienced in ensuring students are placed and supported on the right course and at the right level. This is to ensure you take the right step into further education. One of the ways we do this is through a very effective 6 week ‘Steps to Success’ programme that operates from the first day you start your course.