Helping young people in our community to progress and succeed following Covid-19
Living in these uncertain times has impacted us all, as a college we are dedicated to supporting our students to develop the confidence and skills they require for their future careers, which we achieve with employer support. First-hand experience of the work place is vital to a student's training and development and we do hope you will be able to support our work experience programme in the coming difficult months to enable our students to achieve their qualifications.
The college is also committed to supporting its local community and its businesses; work experience can help fill skills gaps in the short term and it will allow you to see how potential employees suit your organisation culture.
What are we looking for?
Employers who are prepared to support the initiative by offering work experience placements to our students. We have a dedicated team of work placement officers who can support and guide you through the process.
Why should my business get involved?
• Corporate Social Responsibility impact: share with stakeholders how your business has supported local young people into placements, improving their employability and progression opportunities.
Long Term Benefits
• Inspire the next generation to work in your industry
• Address current and future skills shortages in your industry
• Strengthen your recruiting pipeline and increase diversity
• Shared value: benefits for business and society are correlated – increased social inclusion leads to new business opportunities.
What do I need to do?
• Provide a safe environment for the student to work in and opportunities to develop their technical skills and knowledge within your industry
• Contact Stamford College to arrange a meeting to discuss work experience and industry placements further.
What does it cost your business?
Absolutely nothing! It only requires a little of your time and minimum administration – and could make a real difference to the life of a young person. And who knows they could potentially even be your next star recruit.
What support will my business get from the College?
You will be given a named contact within The Work Experience Team to answer any of your queries.
The toolkit has been designed to support employers who agree to offer work experience placements to students with special educational needs, learning difficulties and/or disabilities.
Becoming a supporter
So, if your business could benefit from an extra pair of hands, please call 01780 484362 or email Work.Experience@stamford.ac.uk