Helping young people in our community to progress and succeed
ll our full time courses require students to take part in work-related activities, work experience and/or work placement. First-hand experience of the work place is vital to a student’s training. It helps young people make up their minds about their future and develop the confidence and skills they need to get their career off the ground.
There are also many benefits to employers, from answering skills shortages, becoming a real part of the community, a chance to see how potential employees suit your organisation’s culture.
Why should my business get involved?
- Bring a fresh perspective and new ideas into your business.
- Give your employees opportunities to coach and mentor your future talent.
Long Term Benefits
- Help address the current and future skills shortages in your industry.
- Strengthen your recruiting pipeline.
- Inspire the next generation to work in your industry.
What do I need to do?
- Provide a minimum 45 day work placement for a student studying a course relevant to your business.
- Arrange the placement with a participating Post-16 provider for some time in the next academic year.
- Contact New College Stamford to arrange a meeting with a Work Placement Co-Ordinator who will be responsible for matching your business with a student.
- Provide a safe environment for the student to work in and opportunities to develop their technical skills and knowledge within your industry.
What does it cost your business?
Absolutely nothing! It only requires a little of your time and minimum administration – and could make a real difference to the life of a young person. And who knows they could potentially even be your next star recruit.
Becoming a supporter
So, if your business could benefit from an extra pair of free hands, please call 01780 484362 or email Work.Experience@stamford.ac.uk