On successful completion of this course, you can progress to the Site Carpentry Diploma Level 2 or to job roles such as a Carpentry and Joinery Apprentice.
What can this course lead to?
Who is it for?
Develop the basic Carpentry and Joinery skills you need to kick start your career in the industry. You will study core units in Carpentry and Joinery including: health and safety, construction technology, how to maintain and use carpentry and joinery tools, how to prepare and use portable tools and how to produce woodwork joints.
What is covered?
You will study core units in Carpentary and Joinery including:
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction and associated industries
- Knowledge of construction technology
- Knowledge of technical information, quantities and communication with others
- Maintain and use carpentry and joinery hand tools
- Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
- Produce woodworking joints
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
3 GCSEs at grades 3/D or above.
You will also be required to pass an initial assessment aptitude test. Whatever your results, we want to assure you that extenuating circumtances will be considered should you not have the grades indicated above.
We will review each application on a case-by-case basis to ensure you get a place on the course most suitable for you. One of the ways we do this is through a very effective ‘6 weeks to success programme’ that operates from the first day you start your course.
This includes support such as (but not limited to):
- Allowing you to change courses if you change your mind in the first 6 weeks -subject to availability
- Moving you between course levels if you are finding your current level too easy / too hard, subject to availability
- One-to-one reviews with your academic tutor to ensure you are progressing and achieving well
Our course enquiries and admissions team are available at email@example.com should you have any further questions.
You will complete work books and assignments using online resources. You will also take part in a Construction work placement which will give you on-site experience alongside opportunities to complete relevant community projects.
Each unit has a multiple choice core test, as well a practical synoptic test in the workshop. You will receive regular feedback on your performance and help and advice to enable you to be successful in the actual assessments.
You will require a uniform consisting of full length work trousers and safety footwear for the workshop, which can be purchased on the college website, along with a change of footwear when leaving the workshop.