On successful completion of this course you could progress on to the Creative Media Production and Technology Diploma Level 3 or other creative arts diplomas at level 3, providing you achieve a merit or distinction grade.
What can this course lead to?
Who is it for?
Build your knowledge and gain a range of creative and media production skills to kick-start your career in this exciting industry. You will develop a broad range of media skills and gain an understanding of the production processes involved in media products and experience creating them yourself. You will explore media concepts, audiences and practical units including: animation, film and TV, sound, digital graphics, game art and game design.
What is covered?
You will study many practical units including:
- Unit 1: Introduction to creative media methods and skills
- Unit 2: Introduction to production techniques in creative media
- Unit 3: Understanding an audience in creative media production
- Unit 4: Contextual research for creative media production
- Unit 5: Exploring audio production and technology
- Unit 6: Exploring visual production and technology
- Unit 7: Exploring interactive media production and technology
- Unit 8: Personal project and presentation in creative media
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
4 GCSEs at grades 3/D or above, including English, maths and either an arts or design based GCSE type qualification.
Once you have applied you will be requested to either submit a portfolio or will need to bring a portfolio of work to an interview to demonstrate your artistic strengths.
We also run a ‘6 weeks to success programme’ that operates from the first day you start your course. This includes support including
· Allowing you to change courses if you change your mind in the first 6 weeks -subject to availability
· Moving you between course levels if you are finding your current level too easy / too hard, subject to availability
· One-to-one reviews with your academic tutor to ensure you are progressing and achieving well
· Adding English and maths GCSE resits in to your timetable if you don’t achieve a Grade 4 or above
Love Media? See yourself being the next big film director or web designer? Our programme in Creative Media will provide you with an opportunity to begin your journey within the Creative Media industry.
You will study through a variety of workshops, projects and classroom based activities. You will develop a wide range of technical skills in, and knowledge of, audio, video, animation, graphics, concept art, and web based work. Other related topics will include narrative storytelling, market research, the audience and develop your communication and presenting skills.
You will be assessed through a range of projects and develop portfolio of evidence which will be internally assessed. Units 1 to 7 in year one are marked as a Pass. Unit 8 is graded a pass, merit or distinction. The grade you achieve for unit 8 will determine your overall grade. Currently this course is not exam based. You can utilise your portfolio to take to progress onto level 3 or job interviews to showcase your abilities
You will have the opportunity to take part in many trips to inspire your creativity. Former students have taken part in international trips to Barcelona, Prague and New York as well as more local visits to The Warner Bro’s Studio Tour in London, EGX Rezzed Games, Warners Printers in Bourne, Liverpool London based museums, Leicester City FC Ground and Yorkshire Sculpture Park.