On completion of this course, you can progress to Employability Plus or Supported Internships. You could also progress to Pathways, which will allow you to make the transition to further learning in the main college environment.
What can this course lead to?
Who is it for?
This career-focused course explores the land-based industry and offers you the opportunity to experience working with animals in the horticulture environment. You will gain specific and transferable work skills whilst undertaking learning in a range of real and realistic working environments which includes commercial farms, extensive grounds and our on-site animal care area. You will also undertake work experience in real working animal care and horticulture environments.
What is covered?
- Explore the land-based industry and gain experience working with animals and in the horticulture environment.
- Working environments include working on a commercial farm, the extensive grounds, and our on-site animal care area.
- Students will be assessed on their progress throughout the year and will build an evidence portfolio.
- Includes sessions in English and Maths enrichment, tutorials, independence and supported study.
- Functional Skills will involve tests at the appropriate level.
- The course also allows students to undertake work experience in real working animal care and horticulture environments.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
No formal qualification are required.
You will be assessed on your progress throughout the year and build a portfolio of evidence. The work is validated by an external verifier from RARPA Functional skills will involve tests at the appropriate level.
All of our programmes are underpinned by the opportunity to develop life skills, communication development, travel training and safety in the community.