At Stamford College we understand the difficulties that young carers can face when juggling their caring responsibilities along side college life. We have a dedicated young carer champion within college to help students and their families navigate the difficulties they might face.
What You Can Expect
- We will discuss how you can stay in touch with home during the day
- Make sure your lecturers and college staff are understanding and flexible if you are struggling to keep up with work or schedules.
- Listen to you if you need someone to talk to and have regular check ins to see how you are doing.
- We hold monthly drop in sessions to talk about your experiences and meet other young carers
- We can put you in touch with supportive organisations such as carers first and centre33
- We can support you in figuring out your future plans, help create your CV to show your transferable skills from being a young carer.