In 2022, Stamford College's dedicated sixth form centre achieved an 99.4% pass rate with 40% of those students receiving top grades A* to B or equivalent.
An outstanding achievement which is once again an example of the resilience and dedication of students and staff throughout the year, in class and online during the pandemic.
Don’t just take our word for it, OFSTED said: “Through effective teaching and assessment, staff encourage learners to develop good independent-study and critical-thinking skills that enable them to reflect upon and improve their own work. These skills prepare them well for study at a higher level.”
Why study with us?
- 99.4% pass rate overall and 40% of those students receiving top grades A* to B or equivalent in 2022
- 98% pass rate in 2021 with over half of these students achieving a B or above.
- 99.5% pass rate in 2020 and some of the highest A Level grades nationally.
- An Aim Higher Programme including Extended Project Qualification (EPQ), The Duke of Edinburgh Award, The Cambridge Chemistry Challenge, Mock University Interviews for Oxford and Cambridge and lessons from Auschwitz Writing Competitions.
- A Level tutors at Stamford College are experts in their field and many are examiners too, which means they know exactly how to prepare students for exams.
- Smaller class sizes mean more support from our specialist tutors.
- Mature environment; we treat our students like adults.
- Dedicated revision programmes that run throughout the year including through the exam period, to maximise your chances to achieve.
- With a range of subjects to choose from, a dedicated Sixth Form Centre and access to The Honors Programme and extensive UCAS support, there’s plenty of reasons to choose A Levels at Stamford College.
Sam, who achieved A* A A in Sociology, Politics and English, said, "I couldn’t have done it without Stamford College!”
Bobby, who achieved A* A* A in Biology, Chemistry and Maths, said, "I'm so pleased with my results. The teaching I received at Stamford College was the best I've ever had!"
Lily, who achieved A* A A in Maths, Physics and Further Maths, said "I had a great time studying at Stamford College, I got all the support I needed from my lecturers. They were always there for me."
Sidhartha, who achieved A* grades, said, "My tutor provided me with advice and helped me with my personal statement securing my first-choice university, Aston, where I will be studying Optometry.”
Sophie who achieved A*, A*, A* in Biology, Chemistry and Maths said, "The support I received when applying for Cambridge University really helped increase my confidence!"
Emily achieved A*, A, A, A* in Biology, Maths, Chemistry and her EPQ. The former Prince William School student progressed to The University of Nottingham to study Chemical Engineering.
I achieved A*, A*, A and secured a place at The University of Nottingham to study Theoretical Physics and work towards my PHD.
Ellie achieved A*, A, A and was accepted in to Newcastle University to study Biomedical Science with her results in Maths, Chemistry and Biology.
After achieving AAA in my A Levels, I have been accepted onto an English Linguistics degree at one of the top 20 universities in the world - Kings College London!
With amazing support from my tutors, in particular Paul Donschak, I achieved A*, A, A. Paul’s passion has inspired me to continue to study Physics at the University of Nottingham.
I’ve had a brilliant two years at New College Stamford, it’s been the best years of my education! With grades A*, A, B, I’m now progressing to Cardiff University to study Journalism.
Studying A Levels at New College Stamford isn’t just text book work, the practical sessions, especially the lab experiments, really help prepare you for the work you’ll do at university.