Your application

Find my course

Unsure what course to study?

You just need to answer three simple questions about your study preferences, interests and predicted grades and we can suggest courses that might suit you.

  • 1 Study type
  • 2 Your Interests
  • 3 Your Grades
Question 1

How would you prefer to study?

Question 2

What are your interests?

Question 3

What grades have you achieved or are predicted?

These results are a suggestion of courses you may want to explore but are by no means a definitive list and individual entry requirements do apply.

Finance and Funding


This tuition fee guide provides a summary of the most frequently asked questions raised by students with regards to funding your course.

The following points are covered:

  • Who pays fees
  • Fee Remission
  • Self-Funding
  • Advanced Learner Loan
  • Withdrawing
  • Employer Funding

Should you have any other concerns not covered by the above, or you wish to seek further clarification, please use the contact us, we're here to help: (for level 5, level 6 or degree)

Who pays fees?

Full time courses for students aged between 16 and 18 are free.

The rules around course fees are complicated, they depend on age, prior learning, and your personal circumstances. As part of your application to Stamford College the Admissions Team will assess you individually and identify if you are required to pay a fee. For all courses there are a range of funding options, these are covered in this guidance.

Fee Remission (a reduction of all or part of the fees)

I enrolled for my course and claimed fee remis­sion, but this has now been reject­ed. What hap­pens now?

When you claim fee remis­sion as method of pay­ment for your course you need to make sure you are ful­ly enti­tled to this. It is imper­a­tive you present all of your qual­i­fi­ca­tions at the time of enrol­ment so that your enti­tle­ment is ver­i­fied by the College. 

What if after start­ing my course I am informed that I am not entitled?

The Col­lege MIS Team will re-assess your sit­u­a­tion to deter­mine whether you are ful­ly enti­tled or not.

If your claim has been reject­ed in error, the Col­lege will help cor­rect this. If evi­dence con­firms you should not have claimed fee remis­sion, then respon­si­bil­i­ty for course fees falls on you per­son­al­ly to repay what is owed.

What if my claim is reject­ed, are there oth­er sources of fund­ing avail­able to me?

You may be enti­tled to an Advanced Learn­er Loan if your course is at Lev­el 3 or above instead of pay­ing for the course your­self. Please dis­cuss with the Finance Team to see whether you can apply. They can help you with the appli­ca­tion form if you wish.

What hap­pens if I am not eli­gi­ble for an Advanced Learn­er Loan?

You will need to pay the full amount for the entire course imme­di­ate­ly whether you decide to with­draw or con­tin­ue, as per the terms of your Learn­er Agree­ment. Alter­na­tive­ly you can arrange a Flex Pay Plan to pay by instal­ments. Refer to the Self Fund­ing” infor­ma­tion below.


Self Funding Course Fees

Will you be self-fund­ing your tuition fees?

If you will be self-fund­ing your tuition fees there are some key terms and con­di­tions which you need to know.

Flex Pay Instal­ment Plan

If you have select­ed to pay by instal­ments using Flex Pay, you will have to pay 13 of your total fees pri­or to com­mence­ment of your course. Flex Pay will then con­tact you to agree a pay­ment plan as per the terms and con­di­tions detailed on the Pay­ment Method Dec­la­ra­tion Form you will be required to sign.

Direct pay­ment to the College

You will need to pay the full amount for the entire course before you com­mence your peri­od of study.

What if i strug­gle to meet the pay­ment schedule?

Should you have con­cerns with meet­ing your Flex Pay agreed pay­ment sched­ule, please con­tact them direct­ly at first to discuss.

What will hap­pen if I with­draw from my course?

If at any time you with­draw from your course, you will still be liable for pay­ment in full for the com­plete course. 

If you have select­ed to pay by Flex Pay, any out­stand­ing bal­ance will imme­di­ate­ly become due. Only in excep­tion­al cir­cum­stances will the Col­lege con­sid­er a refund, in line with its Refund Pol­i­cy. A form for Refund Appli­ca­tions is avail­able on request.

Can I trans­fer to anoth­er course after withdrawal?

If you with­draw in the first term of your course, you can apply to trans­fer any fees paid or payable to anoth­er course offered by the Col­lege in the same aca­d­e­m­ic year. Alter­na­tive­ly, vouch­ers can be issued to be used on any Stam­ford Col­lege course in the fol­low­ing aca­d­e­m­ic year. The val­ue will be pro rata to the num­ber of full terms remain­ing on the course at point of withdrawal.


Advanced Learner Loans

If you have chosen to fund your course through Student Finance England, you will need to have applied and had your Advanced Learner Loan approved prior to enrolment. on the course. If you have not yet had your loan approved - or even not applied for a loan - at the time of enrolment, then the key facts to consider are below:

Can I still enrol with­out evi­dence of my loan approval?

Yes you can, but you will have to sign up to an agree­ment that acts as a guar­an­tee that you will pay for the course your­self if your loan is not approved. 

Can the Col­lege help me with my application?

Yes, the advi­sors with­in the Finance Team can help you with the appli­ca­tion process. Once you have applied we have a ded­i­cat­ed advi­sor who looks after all of our Advanced Learn­er Loan appli­ca­tions. It is imper­a­tive that you apply imme­di­ate­ly after your enrol­ment if you have not done so already as there can be delays in pro­cess­ing late appli­ca­tions by Stu­dent Finance Eng­land. You can con­tact the finance team by e‑mailing finance@​ieg.​ac.​uk

What hap­pens if I am still await­ing approval and have insuf­fi­cient funds to cov­er the course fees?

If you have not received approval by the last week of Octo­ber, please dis­cuss this with the Finance team so we can help resolve any out­stand­ing issues with your appli­ca­tion in good time. You will not be allowed to attend your course if your loan is still not approved and you have not start­ed to pay your fees.

What if I am think­ing about with­draw­ing from my course — how does this affect my loan?

Please see below fur­ther details on with­draw­ing from your course.


Withdrawing from a course funded by an Advanced Learner Loan

Have you cho­sen to fund your course through an Advanced Learn­er Loan and are think­ing of with­draw­ing from your course?

Depend­ing on the date of your with­draw­al, Stu­dent Finance Eng­land may not pay your full tuition fee lia­bil­i­ty, so a por­tion of your fee may be invoiced direct­ly to you by the College.

What if I with­draw before the course starts?

You will have nil bal­ance against your loan.

What if I with­draw after I have start­ed to attend classes?

Stu­dent Finance Eng­land will have paid an amount to the Col­lege based upon your atten­dance. Your loan bal­ance will reflect just the amount paid up to your point of with­draw­al. How­ev­er, the remain­ing bal­ance of your total course fee will become per­son­al­ly due from yourself.

How do I pay if I have with­drawn and been invoiced by the College?

You have the choice to either pay the full bal­ance due, or arrange a Flex Pay Plan allow­ing pay­ments by instal­ments. See the Self Fund­ing” guid­ance above.


Employer Funded

My employ­er agreed to fund my course when I enrolled.

If your employ­er has agreed to fund your course there are some key terms and con­di­tions that you need to know.

I have been asked to sup­ply a let­ter of Authorisation/​Purchase Order, what does this mean?

This must be a let­ter on com­pa­ny head­ed paper and addressed to the Col­lege with your name, and your employ­ers agree­ment to be liable for the course fees for each aca­d­e­m­ic year, along with rel­e­vant pur­chase orders if required. This must be signed by an autho­rised mem­ber of the company.

This letter/​purchase order must be brought with you in order to enrol on your cho­sen course.

What hap­pens if I leave my employer?

You need to ensure your Com­pa­ny let­ter makes it clear where lia­bil­i­ty lies in the event you leave their employment. 

If your Employ­er has con­sent­ed to cov­er all costs in the event of your leav­ing, then you may con­tin­ue your course at no cost to your­self. If how­ev­er your Employ­er has arranged with your­self that no fur­ther fees will be cov­ered, then you will become per­son­al­ly liable for the bal­ance whether you con­tin­ue on the course or not. See the Self-Fund­ing” guid­ance above for more information.

What hap­pens if I with­draw from the course?

Unless your employ­er has agreed to pay all your fees you will become liable for pay­ment in full for the com­plete course fees. See the Self-Fund­ing” guid­ance above for more information.


16 – 19 Financial Support

Stamford College can offer financial support to any student from low income households who face the greatest barriers to continuing in education or training. There are a number of funds you can apply for depending on your personal circumstance.

The College has separate funding criteria for the following;

  • 16-19 Vulnerable Student Bursary
  • 16-19 Discretionary Bursary
  • 19+ Learner Support fund

Funding is provided by the Government (16-19 Bursary Fund) to help students who are having the greatest difficulty meeting some of their further education course costs.

Please see below for information about all financial support options, along with their eligibility criteria.

16 – 19 Vul­ner­a­ble Stu­dent Bursary

16 – 19 Vul­ner­a­ble Stu­dent Bursary

If you fall into one of the fol­low­ing groups you may be eli­gi­ble to apply for the 16 – 19 Vul­ner­a­ble Bursary:

  • Young Peo­ple in Care
  • Care Leavers
  • Receiv­ing Income sup­port or Uni­ver­sal Cred­it in your own right because you are finan­cial­ly sup­port­ing your­self or/​and some­one who is depen­dent on you
  • Receiv­ing Dis­abil­i­ty Liv­ing Allowance or Per­son­al Inde­pen­dent Pay­ment in your own right and Employ­ment Sup­port Allowance or Uni­ver­sal Cred­it in your own right

If you fall into one or more of these groups above you can apply for a Vul­ner­a­ble Bur­sary of up to £1,200 per aca­d­e­m­ic year. You will be paid £33.33 per week through­out the aca­d­e­m­ic year; this is depen­dent on your atten­dance being 85% week­ly. You may also be eli­gi­ble for a free col­lege bus pass and the uni­form and kit you need to com­plete your course.

16 – 19 Dis­cre­tionary Finan­cial Support

If you are under the age of 19 at the start of your course and have a low house­hold income (less than £27,000 per annum) you may be eli­gi­ble for sup­port towards var­i­ous course relat­ed costs.

You will be required to pro­vide evi­dence of income, we will require evi­dence of one ben­e­fit you receive dat­ed May 2022 (this evi­dence does not include dis­abil­i­ty liv­ing allowance or per­son­al inde­pen­dence pay­ment). There are 2 tiers of Finan­cial Sup­port avail­able to help cov­er the costs of trans­port, equip­ment and uni­form and free Col­lege meals whilst you are at Col­lege. The lev­el of sup­port you are eli­gi­ble for will depend on your house­hold income, and you may be expect­ed to con­tribute towards trans­port and uni­form costs. Please see cri­te­ria in the finan­cial sup­port guide book­let which is down­load­able at the bot­tom of this page. 

19+ Learn­er Sup­port Fund

If you are aged 19 and over at the start of your course and study­ing a full-time course at Stam­ford Col­lege you may be eli­gi­ble for Finan­cial Sup­port. The fol­low­ing sup­port may be avail­able, pro­vid­ed you meet the eli­gi­bil­i­ty criteria: 

  • Trans­port
  • Essen­tial course equip­ment, uni­form or com­pul­so­ry trips
  • Child­care

* Please sep­a­rate sec­tions for more infor­ma­tion regard­ing each.

Advanced Learn­er Loans

Advanced Learn­er Loans to sup­port the cost of your course fees are avail­able to the fol­low­ing stu­dents study­ing a Lev­el 3 to 6 qualifications:

  • Learn­ers aged 19 to 23 who already hold a full Lev­el 3 qualification
  • Learn­ers aged 24 and over

Stu­dents tak­ing out an Advanced Learn­er Loan may also be eli­gi­ble for sup­port towards equip­ment, uni­form, trans­port costs and some child­care fund­ing through the Learn­er Sup­port Fund.

For more infor­ma­tion on our Advanced Learn­er Loans please click here.

Trans­port, Equip­ment and Uniform

Trans­port, Equip­ment and Uniform

If you have a house­hold income of £27,000 or less you may be eli­gi­ble for sup­port towards your trans­port costs. This can include col­lege bus­es, pub­lic ser­vice trans­port, or a fuel allowance on dis­cre­tionary basis, please con­tact trans­port with your circumstances.

If the house­hold income is £27,000 or below there may be addi­tion­al sup­port towards the costs of any essen­tial equip­ment and uni­form and/​or the stu­dio fee for the Diplo­ma in Foun­da­tion Stud­ies Art and Design.

If your house­hold income falls between £16,191 and £27,000, prices for trans­port will be sub­stan­tial­ly dis­count­ed, and the price of a bus pass will be reduced from £450 to £150. Com­pul­so­ry uniform/​kit and trips are ful­ly funded.

If your house­hold income is below £16,190 per year, you will be eli­gi­ble for full sup­port for trans­port, com­pul­so­ry uniform/​kit and com­pul­so­ry trips

Free Col­lege Meals

If you are aged 16 to 18 at the begin­ning of your course and you, your part­ner or par­ents are in receipt of any of the fol­low­ing ben­e­fits you may be eli­gi­ble for Free Col­lege Meals for the days you attend col­lege: All award let­ters need to be dat­ed 2022

  • Income Sup­port
  • Income-based Job Seek­ers Allowance
  • Income-relat­ed Employ­ment and Sup­port Allowance
  • Sup­port under part VI of the Immi­gra­tion and Asy­lum Act 1999
  • The guar­an­tee ele­ment of State Pen­sion Credit
  • Child Tax Cred­its (But not work­ing Tax Cred­its) with a gross annu­al income of no more than £16,190 as assessed by HMRC
  • Uni­ver­sal Cred­it with net earn­ings not exceed­ing the equiv­a­lent of £7,400 pa (£616.67 per month)
  • Work­ing tax run-on-paid for 4 weeks after you stop qual­i­fy­ing for work­ing tax credit
  • In receipt of free meals at school or col­lege (evi­dence required)

Stu­dents aged 19 – 24 are only eli­gi­ble to receive a free meal if they meet the eli­gi­bil­i­ty cri­te­ria above and are con­tin­u­ing on the same study pro­gramme before they turn 19 (19+ con­tin­uers) or have an Edu­ca­tion, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) and one of the cri­te­ria above.


16 – 19 Child­care Costs

If you are aged 16 to 19 at the start of your course you can apply to Care to Learn for help with your child­care costs. Stu­dents apply direct using the fol­low­ing web­site www​.gov​.uk/​c​a​r​e​-​t​o​-​learn.

20+ Child­care

If you are aged 20 or over and are plan­ning to use an OFST­ED reg­is­tered Child­care provider (Nurs­ery, Child Min­der, Pre/​After School club) whilst you are at col­lege and if your house­hold income is £27,000 or below you would qual­i­fy for help towards your child­care costs. Child­care is not paid dur­ing col­lege hol­i­day peri­ods; this is only paid dur­ing term-time and dur­ing the hours the stu­dent is at col­lege. If you are in receipt of any ear­ly years fund­ing, these hours must be used before any con­tri­bu­tions for child­care are made by the college.

Tuition Fees

Your qual­i­fi­ca­tion is an invest­ment and we under­stand pay­ing fees can be a wor­ry so we have a ded­i­cat­ed team here to help you!

For UK and EU stu­dents apply­ing for a full-time Uni­ver­si­ty Lev­el course at Uni­ver­si­ty Cen­tre Peter­bor­ough or Stam­ford start­ing in Sep­tem­ber 2021, the tuition fee will be up to £8,500 per year.

Tuition Fee Loan

You can apply to Stu­dent Finance Eng­land for a loan to sup­port the cost of your tuition fees. This is paid direct­ly to High­er Edu­ca­tion Cen­tre Stam­ford and you won’t have to pay a pen­ny back until your annu­al income is between £19,380 and £26,575 depend­ing on your plan agree­ment with inter­est rate applied with SLC (The Stu­dent Loan Company).

Appli­ca­tions take at least six weeks to be processed, how­ev­er, Stu­dent Finance Eng­land will do an ini­tial assess­ment so you will have some mon­ey as close to the start of your course as possible.

If you have a Plan 1 stu­dent loan

You’ll only repay when your income is over £372 a week or £1,615 a month (before tax and oth­er deductions).

If you have a Plan 2 stu­dent loan

You’ll only repay when your income is over £511 a week or £2,214 a month (before tax and oth­er deductions).

If you are on a Post­grad­u­ate Loan repay­ment plan

If you took out a Mas­ter’s Loan or a Doc­tor­al Loan, you’ll only repay when you rin­come is over £404 a week, or £1,750 a month (before tax and oth­er deductions).

Main­te­nance Loan Support

Depend­ing on your house­hold income you can apply for a loan of up to £7,747 to help with your liv­ing costs whilst study­ing at Uni­ver­si­ty Cen­tre — Stam­ford Cam­pus and like the Tuition Fee Loan, you don’t have to pay a pen­ny back until your annu­al income is between £19,380 and £26,575 depend­ing on your plan agree­ment with inter­est rate applied with SLC (The Stu­dent Loan Company).

Main­te­nance Loan Sup­port replaces Stu­dent Grants.

Dis­abled Stu­dents’ Allowance

You can apply for DSA to cov­er some of the extra costs you have because of a dis­abil­i­ty, men­tal health prob­lem or long term ill­ness whilst study­ing your high­er edu­ca­tion qual­i­fi­ca­tion. You can get this allowance on top of your oth­er stu­dent finance and you don’t need to pay it back. How much you get depends on your indi­vid­ual needs – not your house­hold income.

Are there any stu­dents that can’t apply for finan­cial sup­port through the Learn­er Sup­port Fund?


  • Stu­dents on appren­tice­ship pro­grammes, or any waged train­ing, because those stu­dents are clas­si­fied as employed.
  • Stu­dents on high­er edu­ca­tion pro­grammes, because alter­na­tive finan­cial sup­port funds are avail­able. Please see the tuition fee loan information.

When is the dead­line to apply for finan­cial sup­port, and what if my cir­cum­stances change?

There is no dead­line date to apply, but the soon­er you apply the bet­ter. Appli­ca­tions can be sub­mit­ted at any time dur­ing the aca­d­e­m­ic year. Stu­dents may also make more than one appli­ca­tion if their sit­u­a­tion changes. 

I was eli­gi­ble for, and received, finan­cial sup­port last year — Do I need to re-apply?

Yes. A new appli­ca­tion needs to be sub­mit­ted to the Learn­er Sup­port Fund for each aca­d­e­m­ic year that you study at the col­lege. This is because sit­u­a­tions and ben­e­fit amounts are like­ly to change year on year.

Will apply­ing to the Learn­er Sup­port Fund impact my benefits?

No. Receiv­ing assis­tance from the Learn­er Sup­port Fund will not affect the amount or enti­tle­ment to any Depart­ment of Work and Pen­sions (DWP) ben­e­fits you receive. The bur­sary fund is in place to sup­port the costs of edu­ca­tion and remove finan­cial bar­ri­ers so that all stu­dents have the oppor­tu­ni­ty to study the course of their choosing. 


© 2023 All rights reserved.

Web Design byBluestorm Design